The future of nternet advertising

One of the salient features of the modern world of

: you can see trends in many areas, but you don’t know when they will happen. Just like the Internet, in 1980s, scientists know that it would be popular; in 1990s, everyone knows it will be popular, but who can see it in the first few years of the twenty-first Century has become a powerful force to change the China? Who can foresee that in a short span of 10 years, 111 million Chinese will be able to use the mouse, once strange rampage in cyberspace, looking for fun, adventure, wealth and self?

Internet advertising is also true. When Intel put China’s first online ad on the Chinabyte site on March 1997, a 468×, a 60 pixel animated banner, it looked like a joke. In 2001, Internet advertising seems to be a fool will get involved in the field. It seems to be the most sensible thing for a company to spend 70% of its money on print and television advertising, and try to use the remaining 30% to test the Internet and other channels of luck. But in the past few years, the ratio has changed. In a series of interviews with Ogilvy (Beijing) company, vice president of Ogilvy Tao Lei told me, now customers may take 50% of the money invested in various non print media and television publicity channels: roadshow, public relations, interactive games, network…… The creative people in charge of the network and DM told me that their work was better than print ads – who clicked on the ad, who opened and responded to the questionnaire, which was designed as a frog. Obviously, accustomed to all over the Internet and where the survival of the younger generation is 10 years ago to replace the TV couch potatoes (thanks to the bad, unable to attract young people’s TV show), advertisers need to re adjust the focal length of the lens, may even need to be replaced. In 2003, China Mobile MZone Internet advertising in 1 months to attract a total of 34017 users, contributed to the article more than 30 thousand. Tasted the sweetness of China Mobile seems to continue to expand the network publicity.

The 2002

global Internet advertising revenue was $about 5000000000 in 2005, rose to $about 12000000000.

has an article on the Internet advertisement in the July 6th issue of British "economist" magazine, which begins: "in terms of efficiency, if not to mention the size of the advertising industry, are just beginning to say goodbye to it for a century of infancy, is also the" Wanamaker era. "." John Wanamaker, a Christian businessman warmly from Philadelphia, invented in 1870s by the department store and commodity price tag, also became the first modern advertising — he purchased the newspaper publicity site in his shop. "Half of my advertising spending is wasted," he said. "The problem is, I don’t know which half."

now, if Wanamaker were alive, he would be grateful for the internet. Internet >

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *